By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Review the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of common feline disease
- Expand your knowledge on unusual feline conditions
- Gain increased confidence in handling feline patients gained through a range of practical advice
- Review important developments in feline medicine
- Better understand key differences when dealing with certain disease conditions in cats versus dogs
- Better understand the pathophysiological responses of cats and gain the special skills needed to confidently treat your tricky feline patients.
- February – Dermatology
- April – Respiratory Disease
- June – Cardiology
- August – Gastrointestinal Disease
- October – Infectious Diseases
- February – Urinary Tract Disease
- April – Endocrine Disorders
- June – Neurology/Musculoskeletal
- August – Haematology/Immunology
- October – Oncology
This distance education course includes an optional 2-day practical workshop which is held each year in Australia, UK and USA. Dates to be confirmed.
What is Distance Education?
Premium, intensive online veterinary CPD
All CVE Distance Education (DE) programs are mentored by leading veterinary experts who will provide individual feedback and advice on completion of each monthly module. Each module may include written content, technique videos, self-reflections, quizzes and online submission of monthly assignments.
Maximise the opportunity to expand and consolidate your learning by participating in the tutor moderated group discussion forum and attending the optional 2-day practical workshop to apply the knowledge you have gained. The 2-day workshop is held each year in Australia, UK and USA.
Pay as you learn
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there's no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a AU$1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 or 6 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional AU$250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
RACE approved for 344 CE credits
This program 1147-35183 was reviewed and approved by the AAVSB RACE program for 344 hours of continuing education. Participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Call CVE +61 2 9351 7979 for further questions.
||Super Early Bird
|| Early Bird
|| Full Rate
|Non-Member / eMember
*Members include: Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members.
Loyalty DE Discount: Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses. Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms. To redeem your discount contact the CVE via email email@example.com or phone +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm).