The violent and unpredictable nature of seizures can cause severe emotional distress to owners of affected pets.
It is therefore important that clients with epileptic animals are supported by their veterinary surgeon. A relationship based on mutual respect and a sound understanding of the basic principles of epilepsy are the key components of successful management. In this course we will focus on clinical decision making, common problems, and recent developments in canine and feline epilepsy.
The Epilepsy in Dogs and Cats was a really useful and satisfying course. It was easy to follow, concise and had great case studies with even better feedback on discussion boards. Definitely useful for every clinician to help those animals presenting actively seizuring or for treatment of epilepsy!
By successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Be aware of the basic diagnostic concepts and treatment options for epilepsy in dogs and cats
- Be able to use this knowledge to make clinical decisions in individual dogs and cats
- Treat successfully epileptic emergencies, such as status epilepticus and cluster seizures
- Be familiar with novel concepts and insights in canine and feline epilepsy
- Principles of surgery
- Epilepsy in cats
- Status epilepticus and cluster seizures
- Common problems in epilepsy – what if they don’t respond to treatment
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Student members are also welcome to enrol.
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.