This course aims to help you diagnose and treat challenging equine lameness cases
The course will both review and provide key tips on performing an effective physical exam; when and how to use diagnostic analgesia; and the pros and cons of different techniques.
This course aims to give you more confidence in approaching your backyard poultry cases by firstly providing an introduction to pet chicken medicine and then discussing common infectious and non-infectious diseases, anaesthesia and surgery.
Imaging will be explored, including what modality to choose and how to get the best results. Options for, and applications of, advanced imaging will be covered. The course will be rounded out with consideration of advances in treatment options, how they work (or why they may not) and when to use.
Fantastic tutors! Really appreciate the time and effort they put into this course!
Dave Nolan, Meander Valley Veterinary Clinic
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Understand the range of options for achieving accurate diagnosis of complicated lameness cases
- Describe the range of available imaging techniques that can be used to improve case outcomes in both general and referral practice
- See knowledge applied through multimedia demonstrations of techniques and case outcomes
- Update knowledge on new and emerging treatment options
- Lameness examination - physical, history, "seeing lameness" and diagnostic analgesia
- What imaging modality to choose and how to get the best results
- Advanced imaging - what options exist and how to use that information
- Cases and treatment
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is quality online education delivered by veterinary experts in short, manageable timeframes.
Build in-demand skills in key clinical areas. Engage with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum. The programs are further enhanced by concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and round out the program. Earn 10 CPD point with completion of each TimeOnline course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Student members are also welcome to enrol.
Veterinary nurses/technicians with a special interest in the topic are also welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.