This course aims to provide practitioners with a sound, evidence-based approach to dealing with heart murmurs in dogs and cats.
Facilitated by Fleur James, an internal medicine specialist, and specialist radiologist Zoe Lenard, this course covers your approach to an orderly diagnosis of murmurs using the tools you have available in practice, specifically recognizing the differences between dogs and cats.
Differentiation of cardiac and non-cardiac causes of coughing as well as diagnosing cardiomegaly and heart failure on radiographs should be possible at the conclusion of this practical TimeOnline course.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Understand how to approach a work-up to a heart murmur in a juvenile, middle-aged or older dog or cat
- Understand how to diagnose radiographic cardiomegaly in the dog and cat
- Understand how to approach a coughing dog or cat in terms of further work up
- Have developed an understanding of the radiographic features of left heart failure in the dog and cat.
- Heart murmurs – when to be concerned?
- Radiographic cardiomegaly – how do I tell the heart is big?
- My patient is coughing – what do I do?
- Is this heart failure or not? What do the radiographs tell me?
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is quality online education delivered by veterinary experts in short, manageable timeframes.
Build in-demand skills in key clinical areas. Engage with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum. The programs are further enhanced by concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and round out the program. Earn 10 CPD point with completion of each TimeOnline course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Veterinary students are welcome to enrol.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.