Pet rabbits and rodents are presenting to veterinary practitioners in ever increasing numbers.
As the numbers climb, so too does the general public’s expectations that veterinarians can provide these unique species with excellent veterinary care. The pet rabbit and rodent patient can provide unique challenges that set them apart from the more common canine and feline medicine disciplines.
This course aims to provide the practitioner with a general overview of rabbit, guinea pig, rat and mouse veterinary medicine. Beginning with the basics in rabbit and rodent biology, the course will then explore clinical anatomy and physiology, husbandry, nutrition, preventative health, handling, restraint, clinical procedures, therapeutics, anaesthesia and common problems in rabbit and rodent health.
This was a great timeonline course. The information was very relevant to private practice and the case studies were an enjoyable way to consolidate my learning. Lisa Towns
As a final year veterinary student who has an interest in rabbits & rodent medicine (as well as
other exotics), this course has more than helped make up for what I feel my degree has been lacking in - Jess Fenyo
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Be knowledgeable about biology, clinical anatomy and physiology, husbandry, nutrition and preventative health of rabbits and rodents
- Be confident about handling, restraint, physical examination, clinical techniques and general anaesthesia of rabbits and rodents
- Be confident in approaching pet rabbit and rodent patients and be able to formulate a measured diagnostic and therapeutic methodology to their common problems.
- Natural history and biology
- Clinical anatomy and physiology
- Nutrition and preventative health
- Handling, restraint and physical examination
- Clinical techniques
- Radiography and radiology
- Common problems
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Veterinary students are welcome to enrol.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.