Gain the skills and in-depth knowledge required for those challenging cardiorespiratory patients with this newly-revised course. Advance your diagnostic ability with a hands-on echocardiology workshop.
The course will increase your diagnostic skills and accuracy, enabling you to develop a problem-solving framework that can be applied to all your cases. Completely updated and rewritten, recent developments in cardiorespiratory medicine and management are included.
Assignments consist of analysis of case studies provided by the tutor and clinical cases encountered in your own practice. Ultimately, this course will encourage problem-oriented thinking and logical case assessment that will carry through into more successful and rewarding management of your cardiorespiratory patients.
Tutor Niek Beijerink tells you more:
It has been a very enjoyable experience throughout, my quest to learn has further increased manifold. Thank you, Dr Niek, you will be my dream mentor, someday I hope to learn practically from you, thank you again
Ranjitha Tiwari, Hope Animal Clinic
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Develop a clear and logical approach to dogs and cats presented with cardiorespiratory problems
- Broaden your knowledge base in small animal cardiorespiratory medicine
- Gain a greater understanding of key diagnostic modalities such as radiograpy, electrocardiography, and echocardiography, enabling you to diagnose more accurately
- Improve your productivity through more expedient diagnoses
- Improve the value of the service you provide to your clients
- Gain confidence in your general approach to small animal cardiorespiratory cases.
- Normal cardiorespiratory anatomy and physiology, history and physical exam
- Radiology of the cardiorespiratory system
- Cardiorespiratory therapy
- Respiratory diseases
- Myxomatous mitral valve disease and canine cardiomyopathies
- Feline cardiac disease
- Congenital heart disease
- Systemic arterial hypertension, pericardial disease, and heartworm disease
This distance education course includes an optional 2-day practical Echo workshop in Sydney. Dates to be confirmed.
What is Distance Education?
Premium, intensive online veterinary CPD
All CVE Distance Education (DE) programs are mentored by leading veterinary experts who will provide individual feedback and advice on completion of each monthly module. Each module may include written content, technique videos, self-reflections, quizzes and online submission of monthly assignments.
Maximise the opportunity to expand and consolidate your learning by participating in the tutor moderated group discussion forum and attending the optional 2-day practical Echo workshop in the middle of the course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
Pay as you learn
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a AU$1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 or 6 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional AU$250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
||Super Early Bird
|| Early Bird
|| Full Rate
|Non-Member / eMember
*Members include: Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members.
Loyalty DE Discount: Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses. Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms. To redeem your discount contact the CVE via email email@example.com or phone +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm).