Starting with the basics of clinical neurology and an introduction to neuroanatomical localization, the aim is for you to develop a logical stepwise approach to neurological presentations.
Your learning will be enhanced by videos, photos and diagrams and expert feedback as you refine the skills to diagnose and manage common brain, spinal and neuromuscular diseases and adopt practical tips to apply in general practice.
Hear more from your tutors Laurent Garosi and Simon Platt:
Our ultimate aim is to develop your ability and confidence to work-up neurological cases. We will focus on developing a logical approach to presentations such as:
- Paresis and paralysis
- Seizures, tremors and other paroxysmal events
- Intermittent weakness and collapse
- Lock jaw, dropped jaw and droopy faces
In addition, you will learn to diagnose and manage all of the common brain, spinal and neuromuscular diseases commonly seen in practice.
- Introduction to clinical neurology
- Neuro-ophthalmology and common cranial nerve disorders
- Intracranial diseases
- Epilepsy, tremors and paroxysmal movement disorders
- Exercise-associated weakness and collapse
- Non-surgical spinal diseases
- Surgical spinal diseases
- Neurological causes of lameness and monoparesis
This online course comes with:
- A set of detailed online notes, images and videos
- Self-assessed quizzes to test your knowledge and deepen your understanding
- A discussion forum for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
- A monthly assignment based on real-life video case studies. Individual feedback and explanations will be provided by your tutors
- Four live Q&A Webinars to discuss progress, problems and apply your learning to case challenges
- A monthly video podcast delivered by your tutors to summarise all the key points and challenges covered within each topic
Free Textbook Handbook of Veterinary Neurology
Students will receive a FREE copy of the Handbook of Veterinary Neurology 5th Ed.
This course is delivered 100% online with a monthly webinar. There are no face-to-face workshops in this course.
What is Distance Education?
Premium, intensive online veterinary CPD
All CVE Distance Education (DE) programs are mentored by leading veterinary experts who will provide individual feedback and advice on completion of each monthly module. Each module may include written content, technique videos, self-reflections, quizzes and online submission of monthly assignments.
Each participant will receive a copy of the Handbook of Veterinary Neurology. Maximise the opportunity to expand and consolidate your learning by participating in the tutor moderated group discussion forum.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
Pay as you learn
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a AU$1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 or 6 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional AU$250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
RACE approved - 288 CE credits
This program 1147-38189 was reviewed and approved by the AAVSB RACE program for 288hours of continuing education. Participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Call CVE +61 2 9351 7979 for further questions.
||Super Early Bird
|| Early Bird
|| Full Rate
|Non-Member / eMember
*Members include: Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members.
Loyalty DE Discount: Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses. Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms. To redeem your discount contact the CVE via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm).