Beyond broken bones - Increase your diagnostic accuracy and confidence.
This comprehensive course will take your understanding of musculoskeletal imaging and pathology to a new level. Learn to refine the quality of your digital images and enhance your interpretation of radiographs of the appendicular and axial skeleton and joints.
Dogs, cats and exotics are all discussed with tutor -written notes, case studies, self-assessed quizzes and individual feedback enhancing the application of your learning. Make the most of the online forum to ask questions and share cases. Get to know your tutor and colleagues at the one-day face to face workshop. As well as conventional radiography, ultrasound, CT and MRI will be introduced where appropriate.
The course assumes that you have some experience with radiography. Additionally, the course includes a self-paced introduction that will cover key pre-requisites.
'Incredibly helpful, Xander has made a difficult concept seem quite simple, not surprising from such a genuinely helpful presenter and Veterinarian.'
2021 Lung Patterns Made Simple WebinarLIVE! participant
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Improve your knowledge and expertise in the technical aspects of veterinary radiography that contribute to image formation
- Improve your radiologic expertise as it applies to radiography of musculoskeletal structures
- Increase your understanding of the comparative radiographic appearance of aggressive and benign bone disease
- Be able to evaluate radiographic changes that involve joints of the axial and appendicular skeleton
- Understand when advanced imaging studies such as CT and MRI are more useful than routine survey radiography
- The Appendicular Skeleton
- The Axial Skeleton
- The Joints
This online course comes with:
- Comprehensive notes; images and videos
- Self-assessed quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding
- A discussion forum for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
- A monthly assignment based on case studies and technical skills. Individual feedback and explanations will be provided by your tutors
- An online workshop to put into practice the knowledge you have gained by working through case studies and technical skills
- Keeping DE notes in digital format saves almost 300 000 sheets of paper, 1 500 000L of water and 30 trees.
Diagnostic Imaging Program
This course is part of our year-long Diagnostic Imaging Program which has been broken down into 3 more manageable parts: Abdominal, Musculoskeletal and Thoracic Imaging.
Each is a discrete unit on its own but together they form a formidable Imaging educational program.
The other units are:
Thoracic Imaging with Belinda Hopper, commencing March 2023
Abdominal Imaging with Zoe Lenard, commencing September 2023
This course includes an optional 1-day workshop. Date of the workshop TBA.
What is Distance Education?
Premium, intensive online veterinary CPD
All CVE Distance Education (DE) programs are mentored by leading veterinary experts who will provide individual feedback and advice on completion of each monthly module. Each module may include written content, technique videos, self-reflections, quizzes and online submission of monthly assignments.
Maximise the opportunity to expand and consolidate your learning by participating in the tutor moderated group discussion forum and attending the optional 1-day workshop to put into practice the knowledge you have gained by working through case studies and technical skills.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
Pay as you learn
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a $1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional $250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
||Non-member / eMember
||Super Early Bird
*Members include: Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members.