This course will provide practical guidelines that will enable you to achieve successful outcomes for your diabetic patients.
Learn about protocols that are easy to follow, new improved treatment and monitoring tools such as insulin dosing pens, long-acting, ‘basal’ insulin treatment that does not need to be matched with meal feeding, and continuous glucose monitoring, as well as lots of tips on how to take the stress out of the management of diabetic dogs and cats with concurrent illnesses.
Great tutor with a willingness to share knowledge and great resources that provide a wealth of information that is immediately transferable and relevant for our clinic. Highly Recommend.
Rebecca Knee, Keen Street Veterinary Clinic, 2020 participant
Eminently practical. I've already put most of it (the cat parts!) into practice.
Kate King, Canberra Cat Vet, 2020 participant
By successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Be more confident in treating and monitoring your diabetic patients and be aware of new treatment and monitoring tools that can improve the management of your patients
- Be better able to manage your sick diabetic patients as well as those that are eating well
- Be equipped with practical guidelines and resources you can use to improve your patient outcomes
- Treatment of sick diabetic cats and dogs
- Insulin treatment and long term management of diabetes in cats
- Excessive glycaemic variability and long term management of diabetes in dogs
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes.
You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Veterinary students are welcome to enrol.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.