Develop an ordered and logical approach to imaging and evaluation of the abdomen.
Listen to tutor Zoe Lenard tell you more about the course:
This course focuses on a radiographic approach to abdominal imaging, but will be supplemented with discussion of other imaging modalities. The usefulness of ultrasonography will be explored for imaging abdominal viscera and, where relevant, the application of other diagnostic tools such as computer tomography (CT) will be discussed and demonstrated.
The course is broken into modules which deal with:
- imaging in the vomiting patient
- the usefulness of imaging for evaluation of viscera
- imaging of the urogenital tract
Develop an ordered approach to imaging the vomiting dog or cat and gain an appreciation for the imaging appearances of common abdominal diseases. Dogs, cats and exotics are all discussed with tutor -written notes, case studies, self-assessed quizzes and individual feedback enhancing the application of your learning. Make the most of the online forum to ask questions and share cases. Get to know your tutor and colleagues at the one-day face to face workshop.
Diagnostic Imaging Program
This course is part of our year-long Diagnostic Imaging Program which has been broken down into 3 more manageable parts: Abdominal, Musculoskeletal and Thoracic Imaging.
Each is a discrete unit on its own but together they form a formidable Imaging educational program. The introductory imaging module is completed only once when you enrol in the first unit; units may be completed in any order.
The other units are:
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the benefits of using radiography to evaluate the abdomen, in the context of all imaging modalities
- Gain an understanding of the comparative modalities (especially ultrasound, and also CT and other modalities) in abdominal imaging, and applications of each modality
- Develop an ordered and logical approach for imaging and evaluation of the vomiting dog or cat
- Gain an appreciation of the possible imaging appearances of common abdominal diseases including pancreatitis, liver and splenic disease, intestinal obstruction and peritoneal effusions
- Compulsory Introductory Module*
- Gastrointestinal Tract
- Abdominal Viscera and Cavities
- The Urogenital System
*The introductory module is a pre-requirement for each imaging course (Thoracic, Abdominal, Musculoskeletal). If you complete the introductory module in one of the courses, you will not be required to complete it again should you register for one of the other imaging courses.
This online course comes with:
- A set of detailed written notes, images and videos
- Self-assessed quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding
- A discussion forum for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
- A monthly assignment based on case studies and technical skills. Individual feedback and explanations will be provided by your tutors
- A 1 day workshop to put into practice the knowledge you have gained by working through case studies and technical skills
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a $1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 or 6 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional $250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
For the full terms and conditions please see our Terms.
|Compulsory Imaging Module|
|SUPER EARLY BIRD||EARLY BIRD||FULL RATE|
|Abdominal Imaging - Member*||$1,729||$1,815||$1,872|
|Compulsory Imaging Module - Member*||$575||$603||$622|
|Abdominal Imaging - Non-member / eMember||$1,820||$1,910||$1,970|
|Compulsory imaging module – Non-member / eMember||$605||$635||$655|
Please note: All course fees will be charged in Australian dollars AND you must be a qualified veterinarian to enrol in this courses.
^Compulsory introductory module only needs to be completed once. If you enrol in other Diagnostic Imaging modules you will not be required to complete this Introductory module again.
Loyalty DE Discount: Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses. Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms & Conditions. To redeem your discount contact the CVE on +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm) or email@example.com.