Beyond broken bones - Increase your diagnostic accuracy and confidence.
This comprehensive course will take your understanding of skeletal imaging and pathology to a new level. Learn to refine the quality of your digital images and enhance your interpretation of radiographs of the appendicular and axial skeleton and joints.
Here more from tutor Sarah Davies:
Dogs, cats and exotics are all discussed with tutor -written notes, case studies, self-assessed quizzes and individual feedback enhancing the application of your learning. Make the most of the online forum to ask questions and share cases. Get to know your tutor and colleagues at the one-day face to face workshop. As well as conventional radiography, ultrasound, CT and MRI will be introduced where appropriate.
The other units are:
Musculoskeletal Imaging is for you if you’re keen on:
- Reviewing your knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy and pathophysiology
- Improving your ability to detect and diagnose osteochondral disease in the shoulder, stifle or tibiotarsal joint
- Furthering your knowledge of developmental and degenerative types of orthopaedic disease
- Improving your ability to differentiate benign from malignant bone and joint disease
- Understanding the role that alternate imaging modalities such as ultrasound, nuclear medicine, CT and MRI can play in investigating elbow dysplasias, shoulder tendinopathies and complex traumas
Not convinced you need this course?
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Improve your radiologic expertise as it applies to radiography of musculoskeletal structures
- Increase your understanding of the comparative radiographic appearance of aggressive and benign bone disease
- Be able to evaluate radiographic changes that involve joints of the axial and appendicular skeleton
- Understand when advanced imaging studies such as CT and MRI are more useful than routine survey radiography
- Compulsory Introductory Module*
- The Appendicular Skeleton
- The Axial Skeleton
- The Joints
*The introductory module is a pre-requirement for each imaging course (Thoracic, Abdominal, Musculoskeletal). If you complete the introductory module in one of the courses, you will not be required to complete it again should you register for one of the other imaging courses.
This online course comes with:
Comprehensive notes; images and videos
Self-assessed quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding
A discussion forum for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
A monthly assignment based on case studies and technical skills. Individual feedback and explanations will be provided by your tutors
A 1 day workshop to put into practice the knowledge you have gained by working through case studies and technical skills
- Keeping DE notes in digital format saves almost 300 000 sheets of paper, 1 500 000L of water and 30 trees.
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a $1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional $250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
For the full terms and conditions please see our Terms.
|FEE BREAKDOWN||SUPER EARLY BIRD||EARLY BIRD||FULL RATE|
|Musculoskeletal Imaging - Member*||$1815||$1905||$2065|
|Compulsory introductory module^ – Member*||$603||$633||$653|
|Musculoskeletal Imaging - Non-member / eMember||$1911||$2006||$2174|
|Compulsory introductory module^ – Non-member / eMember||$635||$667||$688|