Critical Care in Internal Medicine & Surgery Conference
17 - 20 June 2019 - Melbourne
Ellie Leister, the highly regarded Director of Pet ICU in Brisbane (one of the best-run and busiest critical care centres in the country which manages critical medical, cardiology, oncology, post surgical and envenomation cases as well as everyday emergencies) lists the top 3 benefits you will gain from attending this exciting conference.
- Being calm under pressure isn’t something you are born with; it is something that knowledge empowers.
- Snake envenomation cases will never be identical due to the complexity of the venom and patient interaction. ‘Never say never’.
- Mechanical ventilation is life-saving. The veterinary profession is following in the footsteps of the human profession and apart from a few known facts to decrease mortality there is still a large amount of ‘art’ in mechanical ventilation.
Ellie will be presenting:
- New developments in management of snake envenomation and tick paralysis (with Andrew Padula)
- Mechanical ventilation of critical cases – the Pet ICU experience