Backyard Chickens TimeOnline
This course introduces backyard poultry to the clinician to allow comprehensive and effective workup and care for these patients.
Keeping a few chickens in the backyard has enjoyed a resurgence in popularity over the last decade, with the backyard chicken becoming one of the most common birds presenting for veterinary care.
This course aims to give you more confidence in approaching your backyard poultry cases by firstly providing an introduction to pet chicken medicine and then discussing common infectious and non-infectious diseases, anaesthesia and surgery.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
'Absolutely brilliant course by an extremely knowledgeable tutor in Bob Doneley….'
Dr James Routledge, Family & Friends Private Vetcare, Banora Point NSW.
'This was a fantastic course, the materials provided and the interaction with the tutor was excellent. The surprising bonus was the forums, there were so many gems of wisdom in these exchanges - thank you. These are the best way to balance a busy life with excellent continuing education.'
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Be able to apply the principles of SOAP to a pet chicken
- Understand the use (& restrictions) of common medications
- Understand common diseases of backyard poultry
- Understand how avian anatomy and physiology affects the use of anaesthesia in chickens
- Be familiar with common surgical problems in chickens
1. An introduction to pet chicken medicine
- Introduction to pet poultry
- Physical examination, diagnostic testing and diagnostic imaging
The use of drugs in backyard poultry
2. Infectious diseases
- Respiratory infections
- Common viral infections and fungal infections
3. Common non-infectious diseases
- Reproductive disease
- Dog attacks
4. Anaesthesia and surgery
- Analgesia and anaesthesia
Flexible and affordable short online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|