Optimising Your Digital Radiography TimeOnline
Digital Radiography - optimising your ability to use digital radiographs in practice.
Digital radiographs are now widespread in veterinary practice but the transition to digital does not always mean better image quality.
This short course will help you understand what your digital system is and will review simple radiographic principles to improve your image quality. You will learn about how to share your digital images for a second opinion and develop a better understanding of how to get the sharpest lung detail, the best abdominal contrast and crispest trabecular bone detail.
Note: Participants will need access to a functional X-ray tube and digital radiography unit. If they have film-screen radiography, they may still do the course but may not be able to implement some of the learning outcomes.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify which radiographic equipment they have in practice.
- Better approach optimising the image quality from their equipment.
- Explain file storage (PACS)
- Share digital images.
- Apply an understanding of what factors they need to change to make significant image quality improvements.
- Best position thorax, abdominal and MSK radiographs, regardless of dog or cat shape.
- What digital system do I have? (Image acquisition)
- How does my x-ray generator fit into this? (Image generation)
- Radiographic positioning and technique – thorax and abdomen
- Radiographic positioning and technique - musculoskeletal
Flexible and affordable short online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Complete at your own pace over 4 weeks to earn 10-20 CPD points (depending on the course)
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|