One Welfare Conference II Digital Proceedings
One Welfare II – the second international One Welfare conference, Sydney Australia, October 2019
What is One Welfare?
One Welfare is a framework that recognises the inextricable links between
• Animal welfare
• Human wellbeing
• Environmental sustainability
It is a cross-disciplinary space promoting collaboration to address complex, “wicked” problems to establish outcomes that benefit humans, animals and the environment. These include issues such as climate change, drought and water supply, animal hoarding, food security and nutrition, conservation and the changing human-animal interface.
This event was designed to gather national and international experts across animal welfare, human healthcare, conservationists and environmental scientists to learn from one another. By bringing together public and private stakeholders, including those from government, academic, non-profit organisations and industry, we discussed research, best practices, models and policies that have succeeded – or not – in managing these complex problems.
This was an opportunity to:
• Create a unique, positive environmental for sharing of expert knowledge and establish networks
• Share and troubleshoot solutions from across regions, states and countries, in both private and public sectors
• Identify and analyse legislative barriers and brainstorm solutions
• To strengthen the international One Welfare network
If you missed the One Welfare Conference II- don't miss out on this great resource!
|Price (excl tax)||$13.64||$18.18|