This course is designed to teach participants the technical aspects of a variety of canine soft tissue surgery procedures for conditions seen not uncommonly in general practice – but perhaps not frequently enough to become “routine”.
Procedures covered include scrotal urethrostomy, salivary gland resection, laryngeal tie-back, anal sacculectomy and incisional gastropexy for the treatment of GDV. With an emphasis on “how” to carry out the procedure, the instructors will utilize video clips of clinical cases to enhance understanding of the surgeries participants will perform as a component of the practical sessions.
Hear more from tutors Howie Seim and Clara Goh:
Easily the BEST workshop/ course I’ve been to. Ever. Thorough, practical tuition that can be taken immediately back into the clinic. I was already comfortable with some of the procedures covered, and now have further improvements to refine the procedures further, plus adding in new ones with same degree of confidence.
Megan O’Rourke, Eastwood Vets
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Be able to successfully perform a variety of practical soft tissue surgery techniques
- Understand the recent developments and new techniques in soft tissue surgery
- Develop a better appreciation for the regional anatomy for each procedure performed
- Understand the instructors’ philosophical and technical views on performing selected soft tissue surgery procedures
What is a Workshop?
Highly practical - develop the confidence to implement your new skills on your return to work
Practical workshops are an ideal way to build confidence and competence in your skills, as you put theory into practice.
Ideally balanced combination of theoretical and hands-on education, our workshops allow participants to obtain the most benefit possible through practical application of the skills being taught. Small group teaching with a high tutor to participant ratio will ensure that you benefit from individual attention from your highly regarded and experienced tutor/s. Nothing beats on-the-spot feedback as you learn a new procedure.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
Please bring scrubs or suitable protective clothing and footwear for the workshop.
Please also bring the equipment listed below so that you get the most benefit from the day and have the right equipment for the procedures in the future. Failure to bring these instruments will impede your ability to participate in the practical sessions.
Surgical kit containing:
- Needle holders
- Brown-Adsen thumb forceps
- Debakey forceps
- Curved mosquito hemostats
- Straight mosquito hemostats
- Straight or curved Rochester Carmalt hemostats
- Mayo scissors (straight)
- Mayo scissors (curved)
- Metzenbaum scissors (straight)
- Metzenbaum scissors (curved)
- Stevens tenotomy scissor (straight)
- Scalpel handle for #10, #11 and #15 blades
- Allis tissue forceps
- Towel clamps (4 or 5 inch)
Download the venue details here.
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate and Academic members.