This video provides a comprehensive yet practical and concise guide for the veterinarian embarking on plate and screw fixation for fracture management. For the beginner, there is useful information on equipment and its application as well as pre-operative planning. For the experienced, this video shows how and why this technique requires adherence to stringent guidelines to achieve success. Superior quality images have been captured to complement the information.
Wing Tip completed his surgical internship at the University of Melbourne in 1982. He returned to Melbourne in 1988 and has served in various capacities at the University of Melbourne Veterinary Hospital including head of surgery and head of hospital. He is currently a consultant surgeon and has spent the last 17 years solely in referral orthopaedic surgery. His interest as a surgeon and educator has involved him in conferences, workshops, distance education, and production of audiovisual material.
This video is available in DVD or MP4 format.
Note: MP4 downloads can be accessed in the 'Manage my Profile' section (top right-hand corner of the website), under the 'My Purchases' tab.
View a 1 minute excerpt from this video -
- Application of instruments
- Pre-operative planning
- Application of a lag, position and plate screw using a bone model
- Application of a lag screw on a lateral condylar femoral fracture in a cadaver
- Application of a compression plate using a bone model
- Application of a compression plate on a tranverse radial fracture in a cadaver
- Application of a neutralisation plate using a bone model
- Application of a neutralisation plate with an independent lag screw on an oblique tibilal fracture in a cadaver
- Post-operative assessment