The revised digital edition of Dr Wing Tip Wong’s very popular DVD, last made in 2000, includes all the common approaches to the shoulder, elbow, hip, stifle and hock joints as well as the humerus and ilial shaft as in the original DVD. In addition, bone models have been introduced to highlight the approach.
By virtue of the dynamic nature of this medium, Dr Wong is able to demonstrate, better than can be accomplished by text and static illustrations, the ability to achieve good exposure of joints and bones which is an important aspect of pre-surgical planning.
Wing Tip completed his surgical internship at the University of Melbourne in 1982. He returned to Melbourne in 1988 and has served in various capacities at the University of Melbourne Veterinary Hospital including head of surgery and head of hospital. He is currently a consultant surgeon and has spent the last 17 years solely in referral orthopaedic surgery. His interest as a surgeon and educator has involved him in conferences, workshops, distance education, and production of audiovisual material.
This video is available in DVD or MP4 format.
Note: MP4 downloads can be accessed in the 'Manage my Profile' section (top, right-hand corner of the website), under the 'My Purchases' tab.
View a 1 minute excerpt from this video -
- Caudal Approach to the Shoulder Joint
- Approach to Distal Humerus via Olecranon Osteotomy
- Lateral Approach to the Humeral Shaft
- Approach to the Lateral Compartment of the Elbow Joint
- Approach to the Medial Compartment of the Elbow Joint
- Dorsal Approach to the Hip via Trochanteric Osteotomy
- Lateral Approach to the Stifle Joint
- Approach to the Medial Compartment of the Hock Joint
- Approach to the Shaft of the Ilium