Guinea pigs are a common and much-loved pet around the world.
Although much of the earlier veterinary focus on guinea pigs was as a laboratory animal, their popularity as pets has seen this focus shift towards the provision of veterinary care for a companion pet.
Led by the esteemed Dr. Bob Doneley this online course addresses the educational gap, offering veterinary professionals’ comprehensive knowledge in guinea pig medicine and surgical practices.
Participants will benefit from Dr. Doneley's extensive experience, gaining practical insights into the intricacies of guinea pig anatomy, physiology, and the nuanced approach required for their treatment. Covering diagnostic methods, anaesthetic management, and surgical techniques, this course is designed to enhance the competency of vets in delivering exemplary care to guinea pigs.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Acquire a robust understanding of the structure and function of guinea pigs as it relates to clinical conditions.
- Develop proficiency in performing detailed diagnostic investigation.
- Learn to provide appropriate hospital and home care for guinea pigs.
- Become skilled in diagnosing and treating common guinea pig health issues.
- Master the safe administration of anaesthesia.
- Be able to perform basic surgical procedures on guinea pigs.
- Structure and function; nutrition; husbandry; behaviour; the physical examination; diagnostic testing; hospital care
- Dermatology; dental disease; musculoskeletal disease; gastrointestinal disease; hypovitaminosis C
- Reproductive disease; gastrointestinal disease; respiratory disease; cardiovascular disease; urinary disease, miscellaneous disease
- Analgesia, anaesthesia, and surgery
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes.
You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Student members are also welcome to enrol.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians, and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
|| Price including
10% loyalty discount**
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.
**If you have completed a TimeOnline course in the past 12 months you may be eligible for the 10% loyalty discount. The discount will be automatically applied when you enrol online.